MUTE ME!!! (I'll edit the sound later)

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Initial Setup




Like I stated in my previous post, my tank started off at quite a minimum. My configuration consisted of the 240gal show tank (Oceanic with starphire front glass) a large sequence pump, a 84gal sump and two refugiums. The first refugium is a 67 gallon acrylic tank with a live sandbed and several forms of beneficial macroalgae. The second refugium is a 20gal glass tank with a course sandbed.

When I bought my house, the show tank was bare except for a 3 inch live sandbed and water. To my knowledge, the only inhabitant in the tank was a very large aiptasia anemone. (For those whi don't know, aiptasia = satan).

Not knowing any better, I was greatful to have such an interesting creature living in my bare tank.
Over the first several days, I learned that some very beneficial inhabitant were indeed living in my tank, I just had to learn how to find them, and what they were.

Okay, this is the point where any good aquarist asks, "Hey what about lighting? What kind of filtration did you have? What was the specific gravity (salt levels) and water temp?" Completely ignorant to the requirements for maintaining a healthy tank, I asked no such questions.

Take a look at some pictures of the equipment I had to start with.

No comments: